I hope you’re enjoying your week!
Did you know that weight-bearing exercises are considered the golden standard in preventing most bone density decreases? Well, now you do. And that’s why it’s important to include some form of weight-bearing exercise in your daily routine.
What is it?
Weight-bearing are strength exercises that put your body in a position where its weight is supported by gravity. This exercise stresses your bones, stimulating them to build new minerals. These minerals make bones stronger and denser over time. Weight also increases calcium and phosphorus levels in your body, both of which are essential for strong bones.
For example, squatting, walking, deadlifting, lunging, single-leg hinging, and push-up variations are all considered weight-bearing exercises because they place pressure on your bones and muscles as they support your body’s mass.
Here are five reasons why you should start doing weight-bearing exercises:
1. Weight-bearing exercises increase bone density, which helps prevent osteoporosis and fractures.
2. Weight-bearing exercises also help improve balance and coordination, making you less likely to fall over.
3. They help improve mobility and flexibility, which makes it easier for you to move around and do the things you love.
4. Weight-bearing exercises help prevent the loss of muscle mass(Sarcopenia)as we age.
5. Finally, they’re fun! Who doesn’t want to feel stronger, healthier, and more confident?
The bottom line is that weight-bearing exercises can prevent bone density symptoms from getting in the way of your daily life. They’ll help you avoid the bone density issues inherent in osteopenia and osteoporosis, and it’s recommended that you incorporate them into your daily routine if you want to maintain a healthy bone mass for life. So, what does this mean for you? If you’re experiencing bone density symptoms and want to prevent them from getting worse, try adding some weight-bearing exercises to your daily routine. And if you’ve never done any before, don’t worry! Many different types of weight-bearing exercises can help improve your bone health. If you’re looking for a way to improve your bone density, weight-bearing exercises are a great place to start.
Got questions about where to start? Contact Us here, and we will guide you on what appropriate types of weight-bearing exercises you can start.